Source: Sharp Clinical Services
At Sharp, we’re here to help you overcome development challenges, keep costs down and accelerate your time to market. We’ll work with you to develop a reliable formulation that gives optimal clinical outcomes and can be easily reproduced on a large scale, with excellent stability.
Our experienced team of formulation scientists works with state-of-the-art equipment and laboratory facilities, creating innovative formulations that work incredibly effectively with your active pharmaceutical ingredient (API).
- Chemical compatibility and reactivity to packaging substrates.
- Physical properties and product characterisation.
- Accelerated degradation.
- (API)-excipient interaction studies.
- pKa determination.
- Hygroscopicity studies.
- Photostability of API.
- Prototype evaluations.
- Reverse engineering
Formulation development services:
- Phase I-IV formulation development and reformulations.
- Determining blending times for tableting, encapsulation and analysis of characteristics (blending time, bulk density, content uniformity and flow characteristics).
- Over-encapsulation and comparator product blinding.
- Developing matching placebo products and comparator supplies.
- Developing ethical, over-the-counter products, including tablets (immediate and controlled release), powders, liquids, suspensions, emulsions, creams, ointments and lotions.
- Developing line extensions in the above dosage forms.
- Troubleshooting commercial products.
- Formulation optimization and evaluation of new raw materials in existing products.
- Technical transfer of products from R&D to production facilities.
- Modernizing existing manufacturing and clinical supplies processes.