Many biopharma companies are seeking Datavant as their solution for ECAs for its end-to-end privacy and data connectivity technologies and ability to achieve high precision, research-grade matching.
1. Data quality and encryption
- Armed with the study inclusion/exclusion criteria, each EHR vendor uses Datavant software to encrypt or “tokenize” the identifying information for the selected patient cohorts.
2. Identity resolution
- Tokenized datasets from each EHR are run through Datavant's machine learning matching model which identifies unique and duplicate patients without needing access to the underlying identifying information.
3. De identification and certification
- End-to-end privacy-preserving record linkage is at the core of Datavant’s solution.
4. Distribution and linking
- Once patients are accurately matched and assigned a DVID, Datavant provides the biopharma company EHR datasets with each record appended with the DVID as locally encrypted keys for security and privacy.
To learn more about Datavant, visit their Clinical Leader page.